Gutter replacement is the first line of defense for protecting your home from water damage. When gutters begin to age, moisture can creep into your home causing mold and mildew to grow. By taking the time to assess your gutters, not only are you protecting your home, but also the health of your family.
When To Replace Gutters?
- Splits or cracks Even the smallest crack can enable water to get through, damaging fascia boards, shingles, and the foundation of your home.
- Peeling paint or flecks of orange on metal gutters Paint on gutters is designed to withstand many weather conditions. If you have peeling paint or orange spots, this can be a sign of water build-up and rust beginning to form.
- Mildew around the foundation or pools of water Gutters should move water away from the home. If there are pools of water forming or visible mildew around the foundation, this is an indication that you are in need of gutter replacement.
- Water damage below the gutters If you see spots below your gutters, water might be escaping from the gutter system. This will cause damage to the fascia boards and soffits.
- Gutters pulling away from the house This is one of the sure signs that you are in need of gutter replacement.
If you are experiencing any of the above or have another gutter issue you are uncertain about, contact Brincks Exteriors today.